- This event has passed.
Italian Reading in the Park — Se tutte le donne, by Laila Wadia
July 8 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pmFree
In this new series, we share excerpts from contemporary Italian books that speak to issues of class and race in Italy — all’aria aperta!
In our first instalment, we take a look at Laila Wadia’s Se tutte le donne: a collection of fourteen short stories on women — some Italian, others not, in Italy and abroad — and their connection with Italian culture.
Reading and discussion will take place in Italian.
Admission is free, but we will be accepting donations, which will be given to the Centre de Services et d’Intégration des Minorités Culturelles (learn more here: https://csimc.wordpress.com/)
Our Reading in the Park series will adhere to strict social distancing rules. All participating members are asked to:
1) Bring their own picnic blanket, to be placed at least 2m away from the closest participating member
2) Bring their own masks and plastic gloves, should they deem them necessary
3) Maintain an appropriate physical distance with other participating members at all times
3E commits to:
1) Providing hand sanitizer when necessary
2) Enforcing physical distancing measures
3) Using appropriate sanitation for any refreshments that may be provided (individually wrapped, hermetically sealed, distributed singularly)
We look forward to seeing you there!